Wednesday 17 July 2013

“In my long psychiatric experience I never came across a marriage that was entirely self-sufficient.

“In my long psychiatric experience I never came across a marriage that was entirely self-sufficient. Once I thought I had, because a German professor assured me that his was. I believed him until once, when I was visiting in Berlin, I discovered that his wife kept a secret apartment. That seems to be the rule. Moreover, a marriage which is devoted entirely to mutual understanding is bad for the development of individual personality; it is a descent to the lowest common denominator, which is something like the collective stupidity of the masses. Inevitably, one or the other will begin to penetrate the mysteries. Look, it’s like this.”
--C.G. Jung, (Talks with Miguel Serrano, p. 402)

No comments:

Post a Comment